I just got an email about Melia. She and her mommy should be back on the mountain by now. The surgery went well and she's supposed to take it easy over the next few days. Thanks for praying. Keep it up!
My poor little boy is still running a low-grade fever. Very low, but still - it's obvious he's fighting something off. On top of that, it's been raining all morning.
At first, I decided to just turn on the television and let him watch TV today. He's been with just me for the last four days and I know he's missing his friends. They're all sick too, unfortunately.
But, a little into the morning, we decided to make some graham crackers. He always likes rolling out the dough and jabbing his fingers into it. I let him poke holes in it too, with his little plastic fork.
After that, we decided to make corn tortilla chips. I used to make them when we lived in China, because we couldn't purchase them. My friend, Casey, gave ma bag full of avocados the other day and I really wanted to make some guacamole - but what good is guacamole without chips? And we couldn't go out, because Sam is sick AND it's raining...that's what led me to make them at home. For my friends who are still living in China - these are a little complex and take a long time to make, but they are definitely worth it. Make a little fresh salsa to go with them and you'll be on your way to having a Mexican meal.
We're continuing to pray for Melia today. I heard she made it into the operating room for her several-hour surgery. I'll let you know if I hear more.
Enjoy your rainy day!

3 comments:
My word, those look completely yummy! I can't wait until we are all feeling better and can get together again. . .I think Elijah is really going to like helping make the graham crackers and now tortillas!
You are such a Marth Stewart. It amazes me how much you make from scratch!!!
Can you share your graham cracker recipe? They look yummy and I can't stand that the store bought ones have "junk" as we call it, in them!
Post a Comment