For Kellie and Shannon:
Yeast Rolls a la Teesa
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
3 teaspoons yeast
Mix and let stand 5 minutes. It should be bubbly, if it's not, throw it out and try again.
3 1/4 cup flour (sometimes I use 1 1/2 cups whole wheat and the rest white flour)
1 t salt
Mix together. Create a well in the center and add yeast mixture plus:
2 T melted butter
1 beaten egg
Mix all the ingredients together and knead for about 10 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Or, if you're using an upright mixer, use the kneader for about 5 minutes. Either way, make sure the dough looks like it's got a smooth consistency.
Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a towel for about and hour or two (until doubled). Make sure it's in a warm place (the oven, NOT on, is a great choice).
Punch it down and let it rest for about five minutes. Then shape into little balls - I grab pieces from the top and fold them underneath to create a perfect roll shape. Place them on a greased cookie sheet or muffin tins (should make about 15-18 pieces, depending on how large you make them).
Brush tops with melted butter, cover with a light towel and let rise about 30-40 minutes or until doubled. Oftentimes, I will not brush the butter on them, but cook them without it. Then the next day when I want to reheat them, I brush butter on them and put them in a warm oven for a short amount of time.
Bake at 375F for 12-15 minutes.

For those of you who are praying for my little boy, thank you. He has not maintained a high fever over the last few days, only a low-grade. He's got a runny nose, a small cough and his hair is crazy (indicative in my family of sickness or tiredness - odd, I know).
Thanks again.
Yeast Rolls a la Teesa
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
3 teaspoons yeast
Mix and let stand 5 minutes. It should be bubbly, if it's not, throw it out and try again.
3 1/4 cup flour (sometimes I use 1 1/2 cups whole wheat and the rest white flour)
1 t salt
Mix together. Create a well in the center and add yeast mixture plus:
2 T melted butter
1 beaten egg
Mix all the ingredients together and knead for about 10 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Or, if you're using an upright mixer, use the kneader for about 5 minutes. Either way, make sure the dough looks like it's got a smooth consistency.
Place in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a towel for about and hour or two (until doubled). Make sure it's in a warm place (the oven, NOT on, is a great choice).
Punch it down and let it rest for about five minutes. Then shape into little balls - I grab pieces from the top and fold them underneath to create a perfect roll shape. Place them on a greased cookie sheet or muffin tins (should make about 15-18 pieces, depending on how large you make them).
Brush tops with melted butter, cover with a light towel and let rise about 30-40 minutes or until doubled. Oftentimes, I will not brush the butter on them, but cook them without it. Then the next day when I want to reheat them, I brush butter on them and put them in a warm oven for a short amount of time.
Bake at 375F for 12-15 minutes.
For those of you who are praying for my little boy, thank you. He has not maintained a high fever over the last few days, only a low-grade. He's got a runny nose, a small cough and his hair is crazy (indicative in my family of sickness or tiredness - odd, I know).
Thanks again.
5 comments:
Yay! I'm excited about these. Have you ever tried freezing them?
I am so glad that Sam is doing okay... I'm so sorry to hear that he's feeling crummy though. Lya is, too. I hope she didn't pass something to him!
Becky - don't even think that! Kids can pick up these bugs from any number of places - no need to ever place blame!
I saw on the Today show this morning that most shopping carts at grocery stores have ecoli! Yuck.
Shannon - I've never tried freezing them - do you mean in the raw dough form?
Either, i guess. I just wondered if I could put some aside in the freezer for those nights when I need a quick fix...
About the ecoli on the shopping cart - that is so gross. Every time we go to the store, I wipe down the handle with anti-bacterial gel and a baby wipe. Then I rub down my hands and the girls' hands with Invisible Armor.
(I often do this in restaurants too, wiping down the table and the disgusting, food-caked high chair.)
People probably think I'm ocd or something. I've caught a few people looking at me funny, and I just smile at them. :)
Oh yes, I do that AND I use a Floppy Seat which fits right in the cart seat. I haven't ever noticed anyone looking at me oddly, but here in our neck of the woods they offer antibacterial wipes at almost every store by the carts.
We should buy stock in Germ X - I carry it with me every where I go. People barely sit next to us in church I think it's b/c we stink from using it throughout the service!
Post a Comment