Friday, November 21, 2008

Another Snowfall?

I guess this is the last time I'll title a post with the word "snow." We've had our fourth snowfall of the season and it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Back in New York, we would expect our FIRST snowfall around Thanksgiving. This is getting ridiculous.

The roads were terrible today too. I can't tell you how many cars I saw coming towards us, but their wheels were facing a different direction. They plowed our road by 8:45, and it was still very bad.

Sam and I had to go over to the pediatrician's office for a Synagis shot today. The kiddos who get this shot have to get it within 30 days of the last one, so we absolutely had to get over to the pedi's office for it.

Once we left the pedi's office, I actually sat in my car for a long time thinking about how to get home. The road wasn't plowed and the snow was pretty compacted. I am very comfortable driving in snow, but some of the folks out here don't seem to be. I was stuck behind one line of cars that had an older man driving 5 miles per hour with his hazards on at the head of it. That's dangerous in and of itself.

We made it home, by the grace of God.

I want to post a few more recipes, especially with Thanksgiving coming up. But, I'm not sure what everyone is interested in making. Here are some choices for you:

Peanut Butter Pie
Lemon Chess Pie
Butternut Squash Bisque
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Tuna fish Dip
Artichoke Dip

Any favorites? What are you guys making for the holidays?

6 comments:

Renee' said...

Peanut Butter....mmmmmmmmmm! I don't envy you and the snow! 19 years in New York was more than enough for me. It is a chilly 48 here today, but after reading your post, I am counting my blessings. :-)

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I'd like to see all the recipes, however, I vote for the Lemon Chess Pie first, and I'd hope to talk ya out of a piece. :-)

Karen said...

My votes are for either the Peanut Butter Pie, Lemon Chess Pie or artichoke dip. I am trying a new pumpkin recipe for Thanksgiving. It is Paula Deen's Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Teesa said...

you betcha, Joanna!

Okay, I'll post PB Pie and Lemon Chess tomorrow. And, Karen, I might do the artichoke dip too since it's so easy.

Thanks for your votes girls!

noahandlylasmommi said...

I have the lemon chess pie so I vote for artichoke dip :) glad you guys made it home safely. It was in the 50's here but no snow..

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

My vote is for butternut squash bisque and tuna fish dip...

We always make a killer cornbread dressing, and an awesome "Notoway" pie, which is like pecan pie, with chocolate AND coconut! Both original recipes in our family. We're always hurting by the end of the meal! :)

Oh... i just read everyone's comments, and no one asked for the recipes I asked for... so don't go through the trouble; I can get them from you later!

As for the snow, I'd think people there would be more used to driving in it, eh? But we don't know anything about snow around here!!