I would like to ask you guys a big favor. We appear to be very close to receiving our referral, though we do not know for sure.
I want to ask my Christian brothers and sisters - will you please join me and my family for the month of November (and beyond, if needed) in fasting from something you love in order to pray for this situation?
Every time that "item" is brought to your mind, please pray for:
- Carolina
- The officials making decisions
- For our referral to come this month
- Our future as parents to her
- Sam's future as a brother to her
- Our adoption grant
- Anything else God brings to your mind
You don't have to tell me what you're fasting from, but just that you've committed to praying for us for this month - I will post a poll on the left for anonymity. Hopefully God will bring this subject to you many times a day every day.
Fasting is a very personal experience. I am not taking my request lightly, and I would like it if you would pray about it first as well.
"Whenever you fast, do not put on a gloomy face as the hypocrites do, for they neglect their appearance so that they will be noticed by men when they are fasting. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But you, when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face so that your fasting will not be noticed by men, but by your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you." (Matthew 6:16-18)
He does answer prayers, please pray with us! Also, one of my profs at seminary once taught me in the Old Testament the priests used to cleanse themselves before coming to the presence of God Almighty, and we ought to also consider this as we pray.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9)
"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (James 5:16)
"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." (Ephesians 6:18)
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." (Romans 8:26)
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
4 comments:
I will be praying Teesa. You have waited so long for this and deserve it so much.
Teesa, I will fast and pray...
I have a LOT of catching up to do on your blog - we just moved in last weekend, and got internet today...
But I did scroll down and see that you included a homemade pizza recipe, which is funny, b/c one day last week I was making pizza and wanted to sit down and email you for a good homemade pizza recipe, but didn't have time.
God must have nudged you to write that post, so we could have yummy home made crust on our pizza next week.
I miss you - will talk soon.
shan
Teesa, has anyone else mentioned that Marty J.(at Bayleaf) preached on fasting Nov 2 right before you posted this? One of God's "coincidences!"
I will certainly pray for your daughter!
By the way - I am Carey. I am in the Faith 1 SS class that you and Bill taught and visited several times when you were in Raleigh. I have been reading your blog for quite a while and enjoy it a lot. I'm even tempted to try out one of your bread recipes - but am still intimidated. I've never done anything with yeast before...
Carey - I hadn't heard that Marty preached on fasting. What a blessing to have it coincide with our request.
Don't be afraid of yeast! If you kill it, it won't bubble up and you can just start over. It's so forgiving though...I hope you make some bread soon!
Post a Comment