It's that time of the year when Operation Christmas Child is collecting shoe boxes for needy children around the world. I just wanted to remind everyone that you can put together a shoe box with your family to help a child overseas. Just click here to find out how. There are drop-off locations all around the US and even in other countries like Australia.
Here's another recipe for you to enjoy. This one is very simple and always a favorite at any time of the year. It is especially fun for our little ones (or grown-ups) to lick the bowl.
Peanut Butter Pie - from my Great Aunt Joyce
6 ounces cream cheese
6 ounces cool whip (I have often substituted whipped cream for this when I lived in China)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 T milk
Beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add peanut butter and milk. Then add the cool whip. Pour into a graham cracker crust and refrigerate. Serve with a sprinkle of finely chopped peanuts (I omit) and a dollop of cool whip.
(Crust: 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1/3 melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar - press into pie plate and refrigerate for one hour before using or bake at 375F for 8 minutes)
Let me know if you make it how it turns out. I made some for a party tonight and everyone seemed to like it. I didn't tell them that the graham crackers in the crust were from scratch too - it might have made their heads explode.
6 comments:
My church did shoeboxes for operation christmas child. They do it every year. Anyway today was the day to turn them in. Hopefully there was a large turnout.
Our church did shoeboxes as well. Love it! Wish I could see the faces of these little ones that open them.
PB Pie looks mouth-watering!! Ahhh!! Looks so similar to the recipe I have. Yummy! Made apple pie last night and it was a disappointment. I made the crust and I'm assuming since I didn't have a good seal on the crust on top(I ran out of dough), there was no steam in there to cook the apples until they were juicy. I've made it before with store bought crust and it worked perfect, all bubbly and soft. Some apples were cooked, some where, because I kinda "piece-mealed" the top crust together. But hey, I learned a thing or two this round. I need a "pastry cloth." What does that look like? do you have one?
For the holidays, how do you think the recipe for Peanut Butter Pie would turn out if I substituted pumpkin in place of peanut butter?
Hollie - sorry I didn't mention it before, but that crust is only enough for the bottom of one 9-inch pie pan. You need to make another one for the top, if you're doing an apple pie or something. I think you're right that the apples didn't steam well enough to be cooked. Sorry I was a part of a disappointing pie. But, try it again and make two batches of the recipe - I think it will work out much better.
I don't use a pastry cloth. Why do you think you need one? I have one - it looks like cheese cloth but is more closely woven. I fold my dough in half and then in half again and move it to the pan that way. I use a scraper to clean up afterwards.
I might call you later to talk more about it. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
Joanna - that sounds like an idea. If you try it, let me know how it turns out!
darn it, today is the last day they are being collected so i made an online contribution instead!
thanks, London! If you guys still want to make shoeboxes, they accept them all year, just not as those big drop-off locations. You can mail them to us and we can walk them right in!
Post a Comment