Monday, November 24, 2008

Artichoke Dip

Here's the Artichoke Dip my family makes r at every get-together.

1 can artichokes, drained and chopped
1 small can mild green chili peppers, chopped (can find in the Mexican food section)
1 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's tastes best)
1 1/2 t ground black pepper (coarsely ground is best)
1 bag small shredded Parmesan cheese (maybe around 5 or 6 ounces)

Mix the first four ingredients together and add about 2/3 of the bag of parm cheese. Place all the ingredients in a small casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and add a little paprika for color. Bake at 400F (200C) for about 20-25 minutes. Serve warm with Wheat Thins or Better Cheddars.

This recipe can be easily doubled.

I have used grated Parmesan cheese before, and though it's not as good, it's cheaper and still works.

More to come...

3 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

yum sounds delicious!!!

The Menius family said...

I don't like mayo. Do you think it would taste alright to sub in sourcream???

Teesa said...

I'm not sure, Domisty. Maybe half sour cream and half whole fat yogurt? You could certainly try it and see what you think, but I'd hate for you to waste your money in case it's really bad. If you do try it, let me know what you think. Another substitute might be part cream cheese and part sour cream.