Monday, November 10, 2008

My Sick Baby


Yummy...yeast rolls. I made these with whole wheat, as usual, but they are most tasty with all white flour. Try them hot from the oven with some homemade honey butter and you'll be in heaven! Want the recipe? Just ask...since there has been some sentiment of "fear" over my bread recipes lately (Carey, you're not the only one!), I didn't want to spend any time typing it out if no one is going to use it. But, let me say this - I have never found a roll like the ones I used to eat at Golden Corral (back when I used to eat there over 10 years ago). These rolls are so similar (especially when made with all white flour). They are certainly worth the effort.

On another note, Sam is coming down with a cold. The highest his fever has gotten is 101.2F, but it hasn't been consistent at all. Still, when it got that high, I started having flashbacks and began to worry that we were only half a degree away from a potential arrhythmia.



My poor baby. Can you remember getting wrapped up like this when you were little and sick? He's eating great and drinking really well too. We're just trying to keep him away from other kiddos and continuing to give him vitamin C. He only just started having symptoms this afternoon - a runny nose and funny-sounding cough. Sam is peacefully sleeping right now, so here's to hoping we all have a good night's rest...

13 comments:

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Oh, what a beautiful big boy. I'm sorry he's feeling yucky, but that sure is a sweet picture of him wrapped up in his blanket.You're a great mom, Teesa.

What form of vitamin C are you giving him? Is it in drops? I need to get some of that! Also, I know they make a children's form of Airborne, which I take as soon as I'm feeling a cold coming on... if I remember. I don't know how old they have to be to take it, but you might ask your doc about it.

I'll get Maggie to pray for Sam today. Love you guys.

Teesa said...

I give him chewable vitamin C - the adult kind 250 - 500mg. His doctor recommended it last year when Sam was only a year old. He has always done really well with them. His doc also recommended gummy bear vitamins (which I've heard some docs say is bad for their teeth), and Sam gets one of these a day as well.

I'm not sure if he can take Airborne b/c of his heart. There are certain drugs we have to stay away from and home remedies as well. I'll need to ask. Thanks for the suggestion and prayer!

Anonymous said...

must be nice to have all the time to make all your homemade food. Most of us "working moms" don't have the luxury to do everything from scratch!

Anonymous said...

Aw, we were just saying he has been so healthy lately! Poor Sam!

By the way, I have decided that we are moving in with you. All of your food posts make me want to pack up and head to Boone.

Teesa said...

Come on over, Missy!

BTW, you're right about being a "working" mom. I really am blessed to be able to stay home with my son and bake with him too. It won't always be this way, so I'm making the most of every minute I have.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for Sam! Whew - just went through the flu with all of mine and it was no fun - can't imagine adding a heart problem too that. Trusting the One who made him to keep him safe!

And - I'll take the recipe! Any day - I love making things from scratch and trying new things - however I usually have trouble finding the time these days - but we still do make bread at least 2 times a week.

Anonymous said...

Praying for Sam right now...

noahandlylasmommi said...

poor Sam. I hope he is feeling better soon!

Teesa said...

Kellie, I'll send you the recipe on FB.

Thanks everyone for your prayers!

Nan said...

Praying for Sam, and for you and Bill.

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Okay, I've thought about it, and decided I will actually try the recipe, so send it on over! Do you find they still come out soft using the whole wheat?

Oh... I just saw that you're going to post it on FB. I'll find it there.

How's Sam?

Teesa said...

I'll post it here for others to enjoy. They are still very soft when you first bake them as whole wheat, but the next day they are not. You have to work with them a bit before they will be soft again.

Don and Sandra said...

Geez,
I thought all moms were "working moms". Whether you are with your children 24/7 or whether you are not- I thought being a "mom" was work. While my three children were growing up I still had to cook for the husband, the three children (including a set of twins), work day and night jobs, clean the house and try and take care of myself. It's amazing that she can take care of a child that has Bugada and a heart defib. and is totally dependent on her and still not be a "working mom".
I say, "way to go"!!! Teesa.....sorry the yeast rolls weren't my recipe but you learned in spite of your mother being a "working mom"... I Love you, your mother, (M0M)storm123