My little girl is going to need for me to hire a full-time EMT to follow her around. She has performed some amazing acrobatic-style feats in the last few weeks. The more confident she feels, the more amazing and daredevil things she does.
Two days ago she was coming down the stairs and apparently hit the second step too hard and pitched forward. She landed on the crown of her head and fell backwards to her back. When Bill tried to console her (she wasn't actually crying), she was more irritated with him than with her amazing fall.
Yesterday, I was in the living room when I saw her fly, Superman-style, head-first into the screen door. She was about six inches of the ground and parallel to the porch as she did it. I keep the screen door open so the kiddos can come in an out as they please, and she landed head-first into the open door, her outstretched arm went just under it. I couldn't believe what I had just seen, so I ran over to her to hug her and "console" her (again, she wasn't crying) and she was (again) more irritated with me for stopping her from doing whatever it was she wanted to do.
She's definitely a little gymnast. I have already decided to start her in tumbling classes as soon as I can. I need someone to teach her how to properly handle her little body without hurting it.
Save as Draft
Sam, on the other hand, is still very cautious. Although he is running around like he didn't just have major surgery last week, he is still very careful with what he does. He told me this morning that he needed help getting into his booster seat because "I just had surgeries, Mama." He is still having a lot of pain when everything settles down at night, but last night was our best yet. He's stopped eating though - and will only eat berries or maybe goldfish. I'm going to speak with his pedi about this on Friday when we get his stitch out.
We might even try to escape the house today. It's supposed to be a beautiful day and I am itching to get out. I know they are too. I'll take my camera.
4 comments:
Tumbling. Good idea.
I like the picture of Carolina grinning in her pack-n-play. She's going to be a charmer.
Has Carolina had her vision checked? Abigail falls and walks into things all the time :)
I love the pic! I have been thinking about all of you and caught up on all the blog entries (I was w/o computer for several days). I hope that all returns to normal (as normal as things can get for a family with toddlers) for you soon!
I have a daredevil too- Charlie! I'm right there with you.
I have a picture of Nathaniel with one arm out too! :) Better watch her! She sounds a lot like our Nathaniel. At least she seems to have a high tolerance for pain.
Post a Comment