Friday, August 14, 2009

Emergency Room...Again

We spent the better part of our day at the emergency room again. This time it was for Carolina. I'm afraid to say she tried to poke her out and was, thankfully, unsuccessful.

She happened to be running with a hard-nippled sippy cup when she fell eye-first into said nipple. My friend Casey kept a cool head and called 911 while I was freaking out about how much blood was pouring out of her eye, like tears. After I finally got my wits about me, we all moved towards my car where Casey drove us to the ER.

Thankfully, she only has a very bad abrasion on her conjunctivas. All I really understand is that her vision shouldn't be impaired. Unfortunately, I now have to administer ointment to said eye every four hours around the clock for 7 days. Gah! As if nights weren't bad enough!

Our church really rallied around us. I could not believe the showing. We even had PB&J sandwiches brought to us. Sam was thoroughly entertained. Casey was amazing.

Here's my poor little girl...believe it or not, it looks better here. Although I expect it to be much worse tomorrow. And, if you'll look closely, you can see the circular mark on her nose and forehead from the edge of that cup! That nipple is about half an inch long, so it must have penetrated pretty deeply.

3 comments:

Check out The Webels said...

OH wow. I can't believe this! Poor Carolina and poor mom. I am so sorry for all this drama! I will be praying that she feels better soon.
Love to you all!

Caroline said...

Poor little lamb. I hope she feels better soon.

noahandlylasmommi said...

poor thing. thats awful.