Monday, August 31, 2009

Clean House

We have been through so much in the last month, my house has been clearly neglected. I was a part of MOPS last year and won a door prize of one free hour with two people cleaning my house from The White Glove.

Well, the two women just left and it only took them one hour to clean my home from top to bottom. Granted, we don't live like pigs, but there were still a lot of details I just haven't been able to get to. I am so grateful that I didn't have to spend a penny on it and so grateful I didn't have to do it myself. My house hasn't been in this good of shape for a loooong time.

My parents said they would pay for any additional time, but we didn't need it.

On the kid-front, we had a great playdate this morning with Sam's best friend, Trathan, at his house. Seeing the two boys together is so amazing in my eyes. They really act like brothers in a lot of ways - they love each other, that much is evident, but they fight some too. I was watching them play with cars together and saw that Sam had two and Trathan had two and when Sam would take Trathan's he was okay and when Trathan would take Sam's he was okay. Brotherly love is amazing to see in a tangible form right in front of me. We are so blessed for Trathan and his family and the love they show us. Trathan even asked if he could "see Sam's surgeries" when we first got there, and Sam was more than happy to oblige.

Carolina has been fever-free for a while now and seems to be on-the-mend. She's a real cutie pie these days. I think my love for her exploded when she started sleeping through the night. Still, it's all-consuming and I can't stand to be away from her.

So, with a clean house, I am going to continue reading the book Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and enjoy some quiet time.

5 comments:

Trish said...

I won that prize the last time they gave it away! Very helpful, that is nice that you won it this time.

I didn't realize Sam was getting out to play, that is great. We'd love to have y'all over for a playdate soon. We've been walking around Bass Lake, we could do that as well. Let me know.

Joel said...

You should have seen Trathan at Betsy's wedding on Sunday. We had similar ties and he wouldn't let go of me because of it. It was quite funny.

BTW: AMAZING BOOK! My sister made me read it when I was a senior in HS and it changed my love outlook on life.

steveandcaryn said...

Oh how nice to have a clean house!! Glad to hear Sam hasn't caught Carolina's fever. Enjoy your reading. Great book!

The Menius family said...

I'm so jealous about the housekeeper! You deserve it though- you have had a lot going on these past few months!

I'm glad that Sam has been able to get out & visit some friends. I know you all need a break from being in the hospital & than at home.

Casey and Michael said...

So great to have you over too!! Trathan hasn't stopped talking about Sam all week! This week in Mission Friends they made cards for Sam and all T wanted to have written on his was " I love you Sam". Love you and have a great weekend.