Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Saw Him

I got a chance to be with Sam in the PICU. It was very sad, especially with all the tubes. He woke up and cried and seemed to be in a bit of pain with his belly incision.

His breathing is a bit labored too, but they will be doing a chest x-ray soon and that will tell if he has a collapsed lung or any congestion. However, it is normal to have labored breathing with some of the stress he's been under.

God is in control yesterday, today and tomorrow. He will carry us through this.

Thank you for praying. I will keep updating as I can. I'm about to go back in with him and then we'll eat lunch. Since he is mostly unconcious, today is a good day to spend time with Carolina, especially since she cannot go into the PICU.

6 comments:

Teesa said...

Wow, a lot happened while I was running around town in the rain and trying to get groceries.

We've been praying the whole way, and glad to hear things went "superbly" despite some things that were unexpected.

Still praying.

Casey and Michael said...

Praying for you!!!

Trish said...

So glad Sam is out of the surgery, and "superly" is a great way for things to have gone. Thinking of you all.

Unknown said...

Wishing all the best from the depth of our heart!

Karen said...

I have been unable to get to my computer all day until now and couldn't wait to get here to see how Sam was doing. You guys have been in my prayers constantly. I will pray for the next 24 hours to go smoothly.

Love you guys!

Karen Haury

Kevin Hartzog said...

Did Carolina find the Rube Goldberg machine in the UNC Children's Hospital lobby interesting? You know the one with the little balls hitting the gongs and things. They have a second one up the stairs at the cafe.

I pray everything is going well.