He is off the narcotics now and only on Tylenol. This seems to be working for him so far, but if he needs the narcotics, they are available to him. We'll see how sore he is from playing so hard earlier. He is currently passed out from the weariness of playing.
His lung still has some congestion in it, which is normal from spending so much time in bed on his back. They will check via X-ray again tomorrow morning to make sure it's not still collapsed (even partially) and that there's no fluid on it. They gave him some Lasix last night to try and get him to pee off some of that fluid.
He seems in good spirits and is talking a lot and even laughing some.
Carolina is much happier today, since she's not being neglected anymore. She's very happy to be in the Ergo Baby carrier while we're walking around or just hanging around the room. But, she had her second night terror today during nap time (since being here). It had been almost three weeks since she had one, so obviously she's under a lot of stress. A night terror is very scary for everyone who is involved - she doesn't open her eyes and just screams with a rigid body. Today and a couple days ago she kept reaching out for something behind me. We are inclined to believe she's having night terrors about being taken away from me, since that's exactly the scenario that has been happening over the last four days.
I believe it will take a few weeks for our whole family to detox from this experience, but I'm sure time will heal all wounds. We have felt the Lord with us and comforting us in our darkest hours here. Thank you so much for your continued prayers and love for our family. I know there have been a lot of behind-the-scenes praying and other helps going on - so thank you to all of you.
We are blessed to be prayed for, blessed to be given such a cloud of witnesses and blessed to be in this position to testify that our God is greater than anything.
Sam wanted me to read this to him the night he was shocked, and I think this is highly appropriate. You've heard it before - you know the words...
Isaiah 43:1-8
But now, thus says the LORD, who created you, O Jacob, and formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name: you are mine.
When you pass through the water, I will be with you; in the rivers you shall not drown. When you walk through fire, you shall not be burned; the flames shall not consume you.
For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in return for you. Because you are precious in my eyes and glorious, and because I love you, I give men in return for you and peoples in exchange for your life. Fear not, for I am with you; from the east I will bring back your descendants, from the west I will gather you. I will say to the north: Give them up! and to the south: Hold not back! Bring back my sons from afar, and my daughters from the ends of the earth: Everyone who is named as mine, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. Lead out the people who are blind though they have eyes, who are deaf though they have ears.
2 comments:
Teesa, IT IS SO good to see these photos! I'm so sorry for all the setbacks. Sam does look so much better up and playing around the play room.
The incision sounds painful.
I'm praying for you all continually. I asked for prayers on my blog, but didn't mention your names or give a link since I didn't have your permission. Hope you can feel the prayers continuing for your Sam.
Hugs,
Leslie
We are constantly checking the updates. Thanks for those. And we are praying. So hard to hear that it's so hard on ya'll. But we are praying--the best thing we can do! Let us know if we can do anything else.
Post a Comment