Thursday, August 13, 2009

Two Days Until We Leave

We're heading out for Durham in just two days. I've already started gathering items to pack and we're going out this morning to get the last of our grocery items.

After talking about it some with several people, Bill and I think it would be best for us to stay at the Ronald McDonald House in Chapel Hill, if they have room for us. We've debated over this a lot, because we have a free room and generous blessings waiting for us at my brother's house, but it'll be about a 40 minute drive plus we'll have to pay for parking at UNC. We kept trying to think through what would happen to Carolina and how we would split up our time.

Please pray with us that a room will open up on Monday. That way we can get Carolina settled immediately and there won't be too much diversity in her life. We're going to try to keep her schedule to the same one we have here - as much as is possible. I'm sure that will help.

Sam awoke this morning and said he can't wait for his surgery next week. He said he's so happy about going to Chapel Hill. I've tried to be realistic in telling him what to expect, but I can't bring myself to tell him how much it's going to hurt. Instead, I've been pumping up the fact that his favorite doctors will be with him and how he gets to wear homemade Thomas PJs that our friend and neighbor has made, plus he will get to have a Thomas pillow too. I've bought several trains and lots of stickers and I'm trying my hardest to make this transition easy. I know this is going to be hard though. Keep praying for him.

5 comments:

beckarecka said...

It sounds like you are doing a wonderful job easing this transition for the whole family. I hope Carolina is feeling better soon and that none of the rest of you get sick. Blessings to you all as Sam undergoes the surgery.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

we will keep praying for Sam and your whole family.

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Wow, Sam is such a big boy. It's bittersweet that he's looking forward to his surgery and is excited about it. He's an amazing kid touched by our Amazing Father.

Praying.

Hollie Carson said...

Bill and Teesa,
We plan to come and see you on Tuesday. I will have an app't on Tuesday early afternoon at Chapel Hill for pregnancy...if I haven't already gone into labor. What can be bring and do for you? Anything? Any food? Can we care for Carolina and let her and Laney play for a bit at the Ronald McDonald House for a bit? You just tell us and we're there.

Teesa said...

Hollie - Tara and Jared are bringing us lunch that day, so we should be good to go. If you want to bring us a meal, you can bring us dinner Tuesday night. That would be wonderful! I hope you haven't had the baby yet, but maybe you'll have the baby while we're there so we can see him/her.