I know everyone wants to see what Sam's "surgeries" look like.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Surgery Pics
Lately, Sam's been saying things like, "help me up in my chair, I don't want to bust my surgeries." Or, "I need to be careful with my surgeries."
I know everyone wants to see what Sam's "surgeries" look like.
I finally got the adhesive off a couple nights ago - that big rectangular dark mark around the incision.
You can see just under his left arm the largest and most offensive incision. I say "offensive" because it is the most painful and most difficult to heal from. Just under it is the stitch for the chest tube. He had the stitch out Friday morning and took it like a champ, even saying that it was "ticklish" as it came out.
And, here is my little monkey, who has been running a 102.9F fever for two days straight. We think she's got a virus and she's handling it well, however it could be teething. But, our biggest worry, apart from her, is that Sam will catch it. Please pray with us that Sam will be spared this bug. With his heart having recently gone through so much, it's likely that he will have an arrhythmia if he has a fever.
I know everyone wants to see what Sam's "surgeries" look like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. Such a brave little guy. You'll have to tell him that Nick has matching scars under his arm, too. (He had heart surgery at age 5.) I'm so happy to hear he is doing so well with recovery.
Aw he is such a sweetie. I am praying that Sam doesnt catch whatever Carolina has!
The incision under his arm looks so painful! Poor little guy! I will pray that he doesn't get a fever...
Post a Comment