Thursday, August 13, 2009

Suddenly Showing

Carolina seems to be feeling better today than yesterday. She was a bit lethargic and clingy yesterday and today she's just clingy. It's a great thing that I love to wear my babies. We went to Wal Mart and I threw her in the Baby Bjorn and we had a blast. She loves to be close to me that way, although when she and Sam are facing each other like that (he's in the cart), they do tend to poke at each other increasingly more throughout our trips.

Afterwards, I was able to go over to Suddenly Showing and buy my very first Ergo Baby carrier! I've been wanting one since before Sam was born, but they only sold Baby Bjorns at that time in Hong Kong. I LOVE my Bjorn though, and so does Bill. We have worn that thing everywhere and it's still in great condition. Both kiddos have used it now and it was well worth what we spent. Someone from our church gave me enough money to buy one...so I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity.

I'm most excited about the Ergo Baby because I can now wear Carolina on my back, side or front, whereas with the Bjorn, I can only wear her on my front. I think this is going to help immensely with my cooking issues. As soon as I start boiling water or washing dishes, Carolina is at my feet screaming to be held. Obviously this isn't safe for her and so I have stopped cooking for the time being. It absolutely KILLS me to not cook or bake, but it's what is necessary right now.

I'm also hoping the Ergo Baby will help at the hospital, especially while Carolina is with us through nap time. She always sleeps really well when she's up against us or in her pack-n-play, but doesn't sleep as soundly in a stroller. In fact, I can't think of time that she has actually slept in a stroller at all. We do love to wear our babies.

So, if you're in Boone and you want an Ergo Baby, Suddenly Showing is definitely the place for you. Looks like she's having a sale on them this week too.

We have ONE more doctor's appointment tomorrow before we leave on Saturday. I'll post again then.

1 comment:

Hollie Carson said...

Oh you are going to love every bit of that Ergo!! I'm so happy you got one! Yippie! I have yet to get an infant insert because I bought ours when Laney was four or six months or so.