Tuesday, August 19, 2008

China

Alright alright, very funny. No, Sam's breath didn't smell better because of eating the toilet bowl disinfectant. It didn't look red or anything either. I love all the responses that I have gotten - his own grandmother told me this morning that she'd never heard of anything like that before. I think she might have been more grossed out than we were.

We lost Internet connectivity two days ago, and then the phone went. It was all because we rearranged our living room and moved the cable box from one side to the other. I don't know what we were thinking - that we had some control over what happens in our house. But, as it turns out, we don't.

Now, here we are two days later and I had over twenty emails waiting for me. Not too many.

If any of you watched the Today show this morning, they did a special on the city we used to live in: Lijiang. It was a great segment, but they haven't put it online yet. I would love to share it with you, since there were a lot of people on there who we know. Not to mention the beauty of Lijiang...we really miss it.

Another segment they did was on 大山 (Da Shan), a Canadian gentlemen who is extremely famous in China. I loved seeing him and recognized him as soon as they showed his face. Here's the video, in case you want to see it too.




We used to learn Chinese from him on TV too.

We've got a lot of catching up to do. Lots of emails and blogs to read!

No comments: