Friday, August 01, 2008

Mama, Night Night - PWEEEZE!

Sam is going to see the doctor today at 3:40pm. Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone has sent to me. I appreciate them.

We know God is in control and that He has His hand on Sam, that is evident.

Sam hasn't been feeling great today and even had a low-grade fever already. I gave him some Motrin - which he is expertly spitting out of his mouth now. He'll run around the house and come over to me like a little birdy to accept it, then when I lean down to give it to him he turns his head or just spits it out. I don't even know if he got the required amount.

We met our neighbor across the street today - I have met her before but didn't know much about her. She told me today that she lost her daughter to a congenital heart defect when she was 11 and a half years old in 1979. Janie, our neighbor, lives directly across the street with her goddaughter. It's a long story, but I enjoyed knowing there is someone close by who really knows what it's like to raise a special heart child. God knew I needed that and He provided it.

I learned today that I haven't done something I was supposed to do weeks ago for our adoption. I don't know how it got lost in the shuffle, but Bill and I are scrambling to get it all done before he leaves tomorrow. While I was talking with our agency, I was making Sam his grilled cheese sandwich for lunch.

I sat him down and started feeding him, while I was still talking through the details of the adoption issue. After Sam had successfully eaten all the insides of the sandwich (the crust is no good, apparently), he looked at me and said, "Mama, night night - pweeeeeze!"

I quickly got off the phone, cleaned his face and hands and scooped him up. I took him to his bedroom and he said, "duckie!" because I put his duck towel in there when he was acting crazy a couple days ago (upon his request, of course). He laid down and snuggled up to his duck towel and fell asleep immediately.

So, you see, we do lead normal lives in some capacity. A normal two year-old begged me to put him to bed for nap time. Wait a second, that's not normal! But, I'm not going to complain about that one - I'm just going to cherish it. You see, it gave me time to call Charter Communications and find out why our Internet was down. After 98 minutes on the phone, we're back online. Time for my own night night!

1 comment:

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

How is Sam? How did the weekend go?