Saturday, August 09, 2008

Returning Monday

Well, Sam's low-grade fever came back, as many of you know already. So, his doctor wants us back home on Monday afternoon to do a chest x-ray and urinalysis (via catheter - ouch!). If those tests come back negative, they're going to do a CT scan of his heart and belly, to make sure there's no infection around the ICD or his heart.

Other than that, Sam is feeling terrible. He started with a runny nose last night and coughed most of the night. No fever today at all though! I've kept a little Tylenol in him since it seems like he's got some aches. He is even asleep right now and it was an hour before his normal nap time. I bet he'll take two naps today. Plus, I think his throat hurts him because he was refusing to talk before his nap.

Still, we're enjoying Nashville. My grandmother has a sun room with a porch swing and we are LOVING swinging in it. She's also got a ton of toys that have passed through the many generations who have visited the house, and Sam is greatly enjoying playing with all of them. Especially this little car that his best friend Elijah has - every time he looks at it he says, "WHY-JUH!!" It makes me miss having them together to play.

So, wherever you are Elijah and Trish, I hope you're having a great weekend. We miss you guys!

1 comment:

noahandlylasmommi said...

aw so sorry to hear that you have to cut your trip short. I hope everything goes well at Sam's appt.. Poor guy.