Thursday, August 28, 2008

Babyfit.com

I think I have mentioned before that I belong to an online group called babyfit.com. Apparently there was a story on the Today show this morning about it - an amazing situation. I just want to say again how much I love my girls from babyfit. I've enjoyed getting to know each of them and am grateful for all the support they have shown our family and Sam, in particular.

Here's the link. And the cool part is that the woman whose baby was saved is from Riverview, Florida - where Bill grew up!

4 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

so neat :) I am so glad we met!!

Nan said...

Hi Teesa,
I looked for your email address, but couldn't find it so I am leaving my tips here, hope that is ok.
1. I followed the directions from the Wilton cake pan that I got from AC Moore. You can also google "wilton" and type in the cakepan/type you are using and they have directions there.
2. Jonathan really wanted an ice cream cake. So, most of the changes are to that part of it. a. (This is what I will try next time, so I hope that it works for you, because I don't know if it will!!!))If doing an ice cream cake, only make the cake about half the size...it is too thick in my opinion.
b. Cut the rounded edge to help it sit flat, just like the directions tell you to do.
c. While the cake is cooling, wash the pan and line with saran wrap.
d. Once the cake is completely cooled, put it back into the pan (so the shape matches) and layer the ice cream in on top. I used a1.5 quart Eddy's ice cream and would have liked there to be more (I like me some ice cream:) The refreeze for a long time!!!! I also thought about doing icream sandwiches next time just because I wouldn't have to melt the ice cream in order to spread it out.
e. Once it is frozen, it should flip out and the saran wrap pull off easily, I HOPE!!!
f. Decorate quickly. You will have about 5-10 minutes to do some decorating and then refreeze it. Then decorate some more....until finished.

I am not sure if that helps. I hope the saran wrap doesn't stick to the cake. Also, see if you can find one of those waxed boards that store bought cakes come on. I lined a pan with foil and it kept tearing. If you can't find one, a t-shirt painting board might work since it is waxed...it just wouldn't have those pretty scalloped edges...
Whew, that was a lot! Feel free to email me if you have any questions or call Frank and get my phone number and call me! Let me know how it turns out!!!

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Wow, that is amazing. I haven't been watching the Today Show this week, since I'm depressed that they're not in Beijing anymore. :)

I think I'm going to check out babyfit.com... do you just join when you're pregnant, or can you be part of a group anytime?

Teesa said...

You can join a group at any time, Shannon. Thanks, Nan for your advice! I appreciate it!