Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Update

Thanks for all your prayers - we really appreciate them.

Here's the email I got from USCIS (immigration services) today:

USCIS received all documentation needed to process a renewal of approval.
A final decision on your renewal request will be made within the next 10 business days.

So, we are waiting on them now and it is completely out of our hands. Thank the Lord!

Our nephew, Santino is out of the hospital and resting at home tonight. He is still having diarrhea, but is not vomiting any longer. He is able to keep fluids down. Thanks for praying!

Bill said he has already seen a cloth market, Queen Victoria's palace and Mother Theresa's orphanage in Kolkata. He said they slept 11 hours last night and actually overslept for some of their sight-seeing! I told him I hoped he was enjoying his "vacation" because he can't expect to get that kind of sleep here when he returns!! They are going to begin their training tomorrow and will be in it continuously for the next week.

As far as Sam is concerned, he is doing well. His doctor's appointment yesterday showed that his lymphocytes are up from 70% last Monday to 80% now. The doctor sent away some of his blood to check for mono, of all things. He just can't figure out why Sam has had this low-grade fever going on just over two weeks. But, I took Sam's temp intermittently today and he never had anything over 100F. That means he was fever-free today - since 100.4F taken rectally is considered a fever.

I'm going to call his pedi's office in the morning to check on the mono test. We'll leave for Nashville just after lunch, if he is still fever-free and the test shows no problems. We'll probably stay until next Monday or Tuesday.

Bill took our camera with him to India, so you won't get any pics from me for another week. But, let me say that I was watching Sam pull out some books to read yesterday and when I caught his profile all I saw was Bill's mother and grandmother. I couldn't believe it. His face is changing so much. I think he has the best of both of our families. I love it!


2 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

glad today was a good day :) I hope your able to go on your trip without any worries. you need a vacation!!

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Oh, I'm a day late reading this, so you're probably already on your way to Nashville - trusting that everything's going fine with Sam.

Hope you have a wonderful and restful (is that possible?) trip.

Maybe Sam will have lots of loving "babysitters" and YOU can get 11 hours of sleep - that's just unheard of!

Love you guys.
Shannon