I had to call poison control today because Sam put a piece of toilet bowl disinfectant from a Port-a-potty into his mouth.
First of all, yuck.
Second of all, yuck.
And third of all, what was he thinking? He said it was a rock when he found it on the sidewalk in front of the Port-a-potty and I thought it looked like a white pebble, so I let him carry it around with him. Then I was putting him in his car seat when he put it in his mouth. I immediately told him to spit it out and that's when I realized what I was dealing with.
Yuck.
It was obviously used - rounded at the edges and only a tiny piece.
Yuck.
Then I called our pedi's office and they told me to call Poison Control. Why didn't I think of that? She told me to give him four ounces of water or juice immediately and to wipe out his mouth.
I am so grossed out to think about my little boy putting something like that in his mouth. I've all but convinced myself that since it was disinfectant, it probably didn't have anything gross on it. Still...you know what I'm going to say? Yuck.
He's had some diarrhea tonight, but hopefully that will be the worst of it. The lady from Poison Control said that since he didn't ingest it he would probably be okay, but have a little irritation around his mouth.
Heavens. What else is my little boy going to do? As if I'm not already on edge ALL the time?
Yuck.
7 comments:
I'm pretty sure that would never have happened in China... since disinfectant and bathrooms rarely go together there!
btw, I agree with you: Yuck!
Gross!!!! Glad he is feeling ok though!
oh goodness. isnt it so yucky when they do stuff like that!?!? glad he was ok.
EWW! Glad he's okay. I've had to call Poison Control before and it's not fun,...the worry, that is.
Miss ya'll tons and think about you often.
Okay, that's disgusting. Truly.
Ugh, I just got the shivers thinking about it.
I'm sure one day you'll look back on it and laugh... one day. :)
11:25pm our time; i was just laughing so loud i was sure the girls would wake up.
so i guess my question is: does Sam's mouth smell minty fresh?
-jojo
Ew...hope that Sam has recovered with nothing more than the diarrhea. Poor guy...but they will pick up anything b/c they are so curious at this age.
Post a Comment