Sunday, August 10, 2008

Scottsville, Kentucky




We drove up to Scottsville, KY today to see my Uncle Scott and Aunt Beth. They live on the most beautiful piece of land imaginable. It's my favorite place on earth because of the memories it holds in my heart, as well as how beautiful my aunt and uncle have made it. They are basket makers in Scottsville (check out their website). They sell supplies and instructions on how to make baskets, as well as teach people how to make them. They are really amazing people and I love that Sam got to hang out with them for the afternoon.

My uncle is also extremely talented. He taught Sam how to play the drums a little bit.





Sam LOVED being able to play.





Part of what I love about their home are the bright colors.

Beth has done an amazing job at gardening around the non-working farm.

I tried to get a picture of Sam sitting down in front of the old barn, but he was too excited about investigating. I had told him there were cats in the barn and he wanted to see them for himself. They're a bit wild though, so we didn't even get a glimpse.

They have this really neat fountain out front. Scott taught Sam to spray water on Mommy with it. Thanks, Scott!

Here we all are on the front porch. I want to grow old here. I just can't explain how much I love it. I'm sure a lot of has to do with how Beth decorated it. She said it's taken years and years. There are so many baskets in the house from all over the world. I only hope Sam can have as many great memories there as I do.

2 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

he was a natural on the drums!! your aunt and uncle have a beautiful home!!

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

You and your family are amazing. I love to call you my friend.