We have done some serious artwork over the last few days. I have had to get a little creative with our projects because we've been inside for so long. Although we did go sledding for about half an hour again yesterday, we spent the rest of the day in the house.
Yesterday morning I had just finished my Tae Bo workout when I told Sam it was time to go exercise outside by sledding. He asked me, "Watch TV outside, Mama?" He obviously thinks exercise = watching a Tae Bo DVD. I really need to fix that perception!
Our newest project is an alphabet book. Our letters yesterday were A and D. We went through a bunch of magazines and cut out the letters whenever we saw them (and he liked what he saw) and then cut out images that start with that letter. When we finish with all the letters, I'll tie them together and we'll make a nice cover for his new alphabet book. I figure this project could last us a month and it takes about 45 minutes to complete a page. He was so proud of his page that he just had to show Daddy when he came home. That's exactly the kind of project I love - one that he is proud of by the end.
Another project we worked on yesterday was to set up his art station. Some friends from church recently gave Sam this art table. She is a landscape artist and is really impressed by Sam's artwork. I had put it in Bill's office, but yesterday realized we had another spot that is just perfect for it. Now he's got a whole art station set up downstairs. It's absolutely perfect - I love that he can look out the window while coloring!
Finally, I kept forgetting to take a picture of Sam with his new cloth diaper on. My mother gave it to us from Thailand, and while it's very unusual and unlike any other cloth diapers we own, it is very handsome on my man. This picture was taken just after a nice warm bath preceded by sledding. He was dancing at the time. He must have just eaten too, because his belly button is an outie - it's an innie when he is hungry and his belly is empty. It only changed to this pattern after his ICD was implanted - before that he had an innie.
Last night he felt a little warm and when I took his temp it was 100.8F. So, back to the doctor we go today. Hopefully all will be well - he has no fever this morning, but it is a little high for normal (99.9F). I'll keep you posted as I can.
4 comments:
Is that diaper an AIO? Looks interesting. I bet they're tons less expensive in T-land! I love the picture of Sam sledding - one thing definitely foreign to us! We'll enjoy it through your pictures.
It's going to be 74 degrees today. :)
Maggie liked Sam's A, and we're going to start our alphabet book today; Jojo thanks you for the idea.
you look good in orange Sam.
your house is so nice. I love his little art station. I really want to get Lyla an easel.
I am sorry Sam has been sick! I am glad you posted too b/c I don't have your blog bookmarked (well now I do but I didn't before) and I had lost the address!
He is so, so adorable!!! Oh and I love the alphabet book idea!!! So simple but so engaging. I really am sort of desperate for things to engage S with b/c the *usual* toys just don't work for long. Plus, I love the idea of the learning aspect. I have a huge stack of mags. that I just could not get rid of … now I have a use. Most are Better Homes so will be good for this.
The traffic video was so funny I thought. I CANNOT believe you drove over there! WOW! I am very impressed! Any news on the adoption? I can't remember when your LID is. Well good to hear from you and I hope you get good news at the doctor.
Post a Comment