It seems so obvious when I ask for prayers for Sam that you are obviously on your knees. I can almost see a visible change in him when you're praying. So, my heartfelt thanks is extended to you.
He did okay overnight, with a brief wake up at 5am. It was cool enough that I put some blankets on his little naked body around 11pm, when I gave him more Tylenol. I think the wind chill last night was about 15 below zero. I kept the heater on in his room and he seemed to do well with it.
This morning, he woke up with 99.9F temperature. Still not considered a fever, I have been monitoring him closely to make sure it doesn't rise. It hasn't, but has, in fact, lowered a little. It's about 99.3F right now.
He kept down a scrambled egg and has been taking sips of liquid all morning. He has been demanding more food, but I'm cautious to give him only a little at a time. So far so good!
I've been getting lots of calls and texts this morning - thanks so much for being so concerned. It warms my heart to know Sam has such a large support group out there. You are each such a blessing and I love being able to share with you over the phone his current state.
I hope that he will continue to heal today with no more vomiting or diarrhea. If he does have any more vomiting, I will call his pedi immediately. These things always seem to happen right at the start of the weekend, so I hope if he's going to do anything else, he'll do it before the end of the work day.
Thanks again - I'll keep you posted.
Oh, and I just heard about Sam's friend Melia. She's recovering well, but is in a great deal of pain when the meds wear off. Please continue to keep her in your prayers. A neighbor of theirs in another room, a little boy, passed away last night after a long struggle and too long a wait for a heart transplant. Please remember his family. Melia's family has been particularly struck with the sadness of this passing and struggle, as is common when a family is in the PICU. Thanks for your prayers.
1 comment:
sure glad to hear Sam is better this morning, sounds like he is on the mend. Don't poke your nose outside today if you don't have to, too cold. I'm at the office today but arrived kicking and screaming. :-)
Post a Comment