We have had quite a bit of snow here over the last few days. I finally took Sam out yesterday to go sledding on our hill. He had a great time.

Unfortunately, this is the only picture that came out. Apparently the external flash wasn't seated properly and it didn't communicate with the camera, so this one was taken while the sun was still high enough. Some friends of ours were kind enough to give Sam this snow suit. I sure wish I had one! My legs were pink by the time we finished sledding from how cold I was.

Afterwards, Sam got a bath to warm up and then asked Daddy to play chess with him. Bill loves to play chess and is always thrilled when Sam shows an interest in something he loves (like watching football or hiking). Sam had played chess with his friend Wyatt at the library earlier in the day (with the pieces, that is) and was excited to learn we had a chess board at home too.

I love this picture. Bill was teaching him the names of all the pieces. There's something so warm in this photo - Sam in his flannel shirt and sweats, Bill in his sweater and the warmth of the cedar
wainscoting - I don't know. It just screams playtime after sledding.
Thanks for all your comments and emails. We appreciate all your prayers!
3 comments:
Hope he feels better! I know the snow was a highlight to his day. It was to Laney's!
cute photo's, yes, we've had the cold-snowy weather, winter seems to last sooo long up here in the hills.
It has been a while since I've stopped by. :) missed reading your blog! Looks like Sam had a fun day in the snow!. We will continue to pray for the adoption process.
Take care!
Post a Comment