Friday, January 09, 2009

Friday

I'm sure everyone is on pins and needles waiting to hear how Sam is today. He's fever-free, thank you very much. I know all of us praying for him has helped, so thank you.

I really think this fever was related to him teething. A doctor once told me that they can get higher fevers, but only up to about 101F when new teeth come in. Maybe Sam is the exception to that rule. His lower back molars are working their way in and his gums are super-swollen. His hand is constantly in his mouth and he is drooling a lot.

It hasn't slowed down his eating though, and he is acting perfectly normal in every other way.

I will let you know if anything changes over the next few days.

I'm going to post soon about the Indian food I made a couple nights ago. I took some pictures and had a fantastic time making it. We've done a ton of Asian food this week - mostly Chinese though. It's so easy just to throw everything in the pan and stir fry it together.

The easiest authentic Chinese dish that I make is eggs and tomatoes. I may have shared this before, but I'll share it again, just in case one of you wants to try it at home.

Eggs and Tomatoes 蕃茄炒鸡蛋

Scramble a couple eggs with some salt and maybe even slices of green onion in about two tablespoons of oil. When they are still runny and almost cooked through, add one tomato that has been cut into medium sized chunks. Use your spatula to cut the eggs into large chunks - big enough to pick up with chopsticks, but not too large that you can't fit it into your mouth. Cook them all together until the tomato's skin is just about to fall off and the egg is starting to brown around the edges.

Serve with rice and you have the favorite meal of every American tourist who goes to Southwest China. It's a standard and it is delicious.

6 comments:

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Glad to hear Sam is OK. Just holler if y'all need anything.

Mike returned Sam's snow boot to your porch this morning, Brawn brought it home, wouldn't fit our feet. Mike says the dogs get in from your driveway gate, that it was open.

Teesa said...

Will do. That's hysterical Joanna!! Bill doesn't close the gate when he leaves in the morning even though I've tried to tell him about the animals that get in. Maybe now he'll start closing it! Too funny. I'll make sure I keep his shoes inside from now on. Gotta love that Brawn wants to be close to Sam. :)

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Ooh, thanks for posting eggs n tomatoes. We often wish we had this dish, and I've never known how to make them. I'm curious, Teesa, I know you wouldn't put garlic in it, but do you know if the dish we enjoyed in LJ had garlic?

You're awesome; I love you.
Shannon

Teesa said...

Nope, they never put garlic in it. Green onions sometimes, or even some dry chili peppers, but never garlic. It was the one dish I could depend on having without hurting myself.

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Ah. Well, no wonder my own attempts at making this dish have always failed. Mystery solved! :)

Beth and Abigail said...

Did I ever tell you my teething story? 104-105 temp for 6 days. Finally broke and next day cut 9 teeth at the same time...Sam is not alone!