It is far from over. We've had two accidents today, consecutively. But, he's done great for the most part. He hasn't had as much to drink today and that's why I think it has been a bit frustrating for him (and me).
But, in the middle of our day, the sun was shining so brightly it called to us. We had to go outside and play. We just had to. Despite it being 35 out, I bundled Sam up and we played in the yard.

The most intriguing thing he found was a stick. But, a boy and a stick - that's a barrel of fun for this two year-old. I also walked the length of our fence today and saw several places where the chicken wire has folded down on itself. I am sure that is how the neighborhood dogs get into our yard - so I'm going to see what I can do about fixing them. It looks like one of our neighbors added some more chicken wire on his side, but his is folding down too. Why does that happen?
We're finally going to go outside tomorrow, so it'll be the real test of Sam's potty training. Thanks to Nan and everyone else who has given me advice and encouragement during this time. Oh, and Joanna - a cold potty sounds like torture, and it also sounds like a legitimate training method - I'm in! I just hope he doesn't freeze to it!
4 comments:
My guess is it's hybrid dogs with opposable thumbs, pushing down the chicken wire... but then again, it could be the chickens. Who knows what those animals are capable of? You saw Chicken Run!
Hopefully, Sam won't stick his tongue to the frozen toilet seat. That would just be ugly.
FYI - did you know that James and April behind you had a baby girl last Friday? Mike heard about through the wrestling nephews.
Teesa! I cannot wait for you to hold Carolina in your arms. What a day of rejoicing that will be. What a story you will have to tell her about how long the journey was, but how it was worth every second you had to wait. OH I can't wait!!
RE: potty training... it sounds like Sam's progressing about like Nikki. Good days, not so good days, pee easier than poo. Nikki's pee training was about 3 weeks ahead of her poo. In fact it has only been this week that she finally will do poo on the potty. I didn't do anything special except to keep encouraging her, and not make too big of a deal out of the accidents. Next step for us will be to get rid of the night time diaper!
I'm glad to be a source of inspiration for potty-training Sam. It sounds like you are off to a great start. We are just getting into a comfortable routine with Wesley. He has had more dry nights than wet, but this has been one of the most exhausting processes I have been through as a parent - apart from the first 3 months. Its probably one of the easier things you've been through what with his Bruggada and all. Keep at it, be consistent, and reward, reward, reward. We're still doing rewards, especially for No.2. We told him that for every 5 stinkies he did in the potty (because he was going in his undies), that he would get a prize (something bigger than just stickers like a book or Matchbox). He hasn't stinkied in his pants in almost a week. That's big. Keep up the good work...both of you!
Post a Comment