I have two pieces of bad news. I wonder which you would prefer to hear first. I think I'll just guess - Sam's.
Sam has been struggling with a low-grade fever since Monday. Tuesday he was fine, and this morning he was fine. But, tonight when Bill got home, Bill said he felt a little warm. I took his temp three times and here's what I got: 101.3F, 102.3F, and 101.6F.
I assumed it was really around 101.6 (taking an average), but I checked his heart rate just to make sure. It was strong and steady - and a normal beat.
I immediately gave him some Tylenol and took his clothes off. Within 20 minutes it was down to 100.6F.
As you know, history has shown Sam's particular variety of Brugada Syndrome means his heart can't tolerate a high fever (over 101.8F).
So, we're on red alert for that tonight. I just checked on him in bed and he's sweating like crazy - maybe he's breaking it. But, it still means we're hunkering down and watching TV all day tomorrow. There will be no extra energy spent. He has no symptoms so I cannot say why he's got a fever - same ol' same ol'.
The second piece of bad news is more sad than bad. We were not matched again this month for our adoption. But, we're second in line on the wait list now (that boils it down in a very simplified way that isn't exactly accurate but allows you to see the big picture). Ho hum.
Maybe March? Those of you who have been praying and fasting - keep it up. Add Sam to your list and that his fever would go away and he would be miraculously healed from whatever it is that's got his body fighting.
I'll keep you posted. It seems I'll be around all day tomorrow. I hear we're gonna get about 4 inches of snow - maybe that will be fun to look at from inside our warm cozy house.
4 comments:
Praying, praying, praying...
love you all!
Erica & fam
Praying! Frank told me of your invite...we may just be there!!
Sorry to hear Sam's not feeling well. I hope you all made it safely through the night and feverless this morning. So sad to hear you were not matched...I've been thinking of you often and hoping you'd hear something soon. We'll keep praying for you all and Caroline in the wait.
Praying for sure!
Post a Comment