Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quick Update

Just wanted to give a quick update on Sam. He is eating a little more and was singing lots of songs tonight, so I am going to assume his throat is feeling a little better.

We're still keeping him quarantined for now, just to make sure we don't spread it to anyone else over the next few days.

He hasn't had a fever all day today! Praise God.

As a quick reminder, it's the high fevers combined with sickness that cause his heart to go into an arrhythmia. We have been blessed during this illness that his heart never beat faster than 230bpm for longer than 60 out of 80 beats. That is what would cause his defibrillator to shock him. I will be curious to see if his heart did go into an arrhythmia though, because I couldn't count the beats on Thursday night, but maybe it came out of it on its own. We'll know in a couple months at his next cardio appointment.

Melia, Sam's heart buddy, is still at Levine's. She is improving every day with every hour. They think her lung collapsed yesterday, but she is recovering from that as well. Please continue to pray for her and her family.

1 comment:

noahandlylasmommi said...

I am so glad he is feeling better!