Friday, January 23, 2009

Sponsored by the Letter C

It's been a long time since I've been writing posts that include a temperature guide each time. Oh, how I long for the boring days of just posting recipes and food pictures!

Sam had 100.9F just before going down for a nap - and that's with Motrin. Sometimes Motrin doesn't touch fevers, but I wanted to try it since he's been having so much Tylenol. I stripped him down and am hoping it will go down while he is calm and asleep.

We had a great day today. Sam has been falling to pieces at the smallest thing, but at least he's having fun when he's not hurting himself. I took him outside since it's in the 50's today and cut his hair, then we played on the back deck for about an hour. It was nice to see the sunshine again.

We also worked on the letter C for our alphabet book. Sam found this great picture of a chicken that our neighbor would be proud of. It looks like one of her chickens, actually. Carrots, cows, chocolate cake and even a Starbucks coffee logo (okay, that was my addition, but it still counts). He surprised me that he knew cow and carrot started with the letter C. I had to help with the chocolate part, but he knew about the cake.

This project has really taken an interesting turn. He can tell me at the end of the day what letter we worked on and what words start with that letter (which we included in the page). I only started the project to keep him busy and maybe review some letters, but he's learning so much. It really shows me that I need to put some more energy into teaching him new concepts.

He's studying Chinese today too! He can already say hello and quite a few other words in Chinese. I'm so proud of him.

If we can just keep his fever down so we can stay out of the hospital, we'll be good to go.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

noahandlylasmommi said...

I hope his fever goes away. That is so cool that he is learning chinese! Noah knows a few words in spanish and it is awesome. I hope he can learn more over the years.

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

I'm really impressed. Sam is so smart. Very observant. And that's a great chicken picture - what magazines are you using???

I am catching up on your blog today, since I was gone for the weekend... I hadn't heard that story about the ped's office! Craziness!!!

The Menius family said...

I hope Sam is doing good- I noticed you haven't had a post since the week-end.

Teesa said...

He had a low-grade fever most of the weekend.

When I put him to bed last night he was pitiful. Coughing, sneezing, runny nose. But, no fever. At least he was showing me symptoms for once.

This morning he's doing great - so far. Thanks for checking on us. I'll post something today or tomorrow.