Monday, April 14, 2008

ANSWER TO PRAYERS

Bill was just reminding me how the book of James says that we must pray expectantly, asking in faith and not doubting. We have called upon our prayer warriors tonight and God has answered your faith. Sam's heartrate has dropped 25 bpm in the last ten minutes. He is now consistently beating at 125bpm. It's still high, but it's WAY lower than it was and his rhythm is returning to normal.

It just hit 119. Bill is asking for 115. Thank you for praying. Please pray that this fever would NOT come back. Pray that God would protect his heart and send His angels to keep gaurd over this boy.

We thank God for each one of you.

Teesa, Bill and Sam

7 comments:

The Rose's said...

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!! SAM IS A FIGHTER!!! CONTINUING TO PRAY FOR YOU ALL!!!

Hollie Carson said...

Wow. Praise the Lord. What a sigh of relief. I was literally begging the Lord in tears to intervene with mercy. I am SO happy to hear of this great news. Hugh and I will pray that his fever doesn't come back at all. We love you.

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

We are continuing to pray in faith. Indeed, God IS good! And we know that He sees everything that is going on with Sam, and hears every prayer. We constantly check the blog for updates, and you are at the forefront of our minds throughout the day. I hope you have rest and relief tonight, and much smiles and laughter tomorrow.
We love you!
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Lord Jesus, we ask right now for Your healing power to come down on Sam.
Lord, in Matthew 8:5-13 it says: “When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. “Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralyzed and in terrible suffering." Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him." The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.”… Then Jesus said to the centurion, "Go! It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour.”

Lord, all you have to do is say the word and Sam will be healed. I pray tonight that you would say the word and heal Sam of this disease once and for all. You promise rest to us in Your word so I pray you’d give rest to Teesa, Bill and Sam. We pray in the name of Jesus Christ Sam would be healed! We don’t pray this based on anything we’ve done to deserve it because frankly we don’t deserve it. But we pray You’d reign down your mercy simply because of Your goodness. That is what You did at the heart of the Gospel and that’s the God we serve… a God who reigns down mercy and grace when we don’t deserve it. We know you don’t have to but we ask for this. You are good no matter the outcome of this but again we ask for your mercy and that Sam would be healed this very hour.

in the Powerful, Great, Awesome Name of Jesus Christ,
Amen

I love you and will continue to pray.

Adam Gilbert

Anonymous said...

thought I'd also post a prayer that was prayed at around 12:15pm from one of my prayer warriors...
Adam


Dear Father in Heaven,

In the name of Jesus Christ we come to You on behalf of precious little Sam. We are joining together all over the world to ask You to please bring his fever down to normal and for You to protect and to heal his heart. You know how exhausted his parents and family are. You have promised to give sleep to Your beloved. Please Lord, show Your love to them in giving them good sound, multiplied, healing sleep. Please empower all of Your children who love You and who are concerned for Sam to be still before You and know You more and more and more as the God who is always present, the God is always hears and the God who sent His Son Jesus Christ as the answer to every problem, trial and suffering. May their fellowship with You be sweet and rich as they wait upon You for healing. Please expand that fellowship to include many, many more too. “You will be exalted among the nations. You will be exalted in the earth.” You LORD Almighty are with them. The God of Jacob is their fortress, just as You have been with Your suffering children throughout all generations since King David wrote 46:10-11. Lord, You have brought down many high fevers and healed many racing hearts. We are crying out to You alone and asking You to please heal Sam and meet all of his family’s needs.
Amen

Anonymous said...

It's 12:45 here in Texas.

I am praying right now on behalf of Sam.

Jeffrey & Shannon said...

Now it's 5:53 am here in Texas, and we're still praying...

Father, we're so glad you never sleep! I woke up with this song:

"You are the Everlasting God, the Everlasting God... You do not faint; You won't grow weary... You're the Defender of the weak; You comfort those in need; You lift us up on wings like eagles... strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord..."

Praise You, Jesus, the Almighty Forgiver of our sins and Healer of our diseases!

Be strong, family, we love you.
Shannon