Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An Hour Later

I know I just posted, but the doctor just came in and I wanted to give a quick update.

Dr. Smith, his new cardiologist, was very encouraged to see Sam's temps low overnight. While we were talking, Sam's heartrate was dipping so low, his pacemaker was pacing him. We're not sure why it's doing that - Dr. Smith said it could be that his upbeat wasn't fast enough or that he is missing a few beats, but it just means the defib/pacemaker is working.

He also said that one of Sam's tests came back high - showing that he has inflammation. All that means is that he could have a bacterial or viral infection. So, we still don't know anything more than we did before.

I asked again why Sam has not gone into VTAC even though he's had a high fever. This is still perplexing him (though we know why - because of your prayers). Dr. Smith thinks it is likely that there have to be certain factors involved with his body in order for the fever to cause VTAC.

That's all I know for now.

4 comments:

The Joneses said...

Dear Tessa, Bill and Sam,
I am sorry to hear that Sam has been sick. I have been keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. I miss your visits and my hugs from Sam. Eden and I look at the mission house hoping to see you walk over for a visit. I don't think she understands that you have moved and misses you a lot. We look out the window and she points to the house and jabbers. I know she is missing Sam. I know Sam will be fine soon. He is such a precious boy, I miss him. I know God will give you the strength to go on. I will keep you all in my prayers. God bless you. Love, Joella

The Joneses said...

Dear Tessa, Bill and Sam,
I am sorry to hear that Sam has been sick. I have been keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. I miss your visits and my hugs from Sam. Eden and I look at the mission house hoping to see you walk over for a visit. I don't think she understands that you have moved and misses you a lot. We look out the window and she points to the house and jabbers. I know she is missing Sam. I know Sam will be fine soon. He is such a precious boy, I miss him. I know God will give you the strength to go on. I will keep you all in my prayers. God bless you. Love, Joella

Anonymous said...

Teesa,
I'm not sure if you remember us but we were members of Leesville Baptist Church many years ago. We still live in Raleigh and have been getting updates through Adam. Our current church has a prayer group that meets every Tuesday at noon and we have and will continue to pray for Sam and all of you. It is hard to understand why all of this is happening but God has a plan for you and your family. We will continue to pray with you as you climb this mountain. Never forget that God is with you every step of the way. Tama & Stuart Blackburn

Renee' said...

Nikki has been sleeping really well lately, but last night she woke up several times. I think she was reminding me to pray for
Sam! So glad to hear there was no fever spike. Still praying for Godly wisdom for all the Drs. and specialists.