I don't even know what day today is. So, I'll just give a "Today" update.
Bill left for work about thirty minutes ago. Sam had an ok night - no fever, which is fantastic. But, his alarms kept going off all night. His pulse ox sticker kept falling off his toe and he couldn't breathe through his nose.
Something happened to me - I guess the week caught up with me - because I fell asleep and couldn't wake up. The alarms kept bothering me, but my eyes were so heavy, I finally told Bill that I couldn't keep up with everything and collapsed on the couch. I would wake up groggy and couldn't keep my eyes open. Bill had to take over. At some point I heard a commotion and saw that they were vacuuming out Sam's nose. He wasn't very thrilled about it. At that point, I crawled into bed with him and we slept fitfully the rest of the night. I would put saline in his nose every hour or so and that seemed to do the trick. At 6:40am, I realized Bill hadn't gotten up yet and yelled his name about 40 times before he woke up. I guess we're exhausted.
I haven't seen the doctor yet, but I'm curious to ask him about all of the strange rhythms we've seen in the last two days. Sam's been skipping beats and his pacemaker has begun working a lot.
So, keep praying if you will. Pray for healing of his little body from this cold that he's got. Pray for his heart to beat as a normal heart would.
I'll know about the CT scan later today. Also, just to let you know, his nose swab came back positive for a cold (viral). But, the particular cold he has doesn't cause high fevers like he's been getting.
4 comments:
We will keep praying B & T. I just want to thank you so much for keeping us posted. We wish we could be there in person, but since we can't, this is next to it. Thanks for all of the updates. We love you all!!!
We are still praying here in Boone. At 9:30 I will be at a Mentoring Class with young mothers and other Titus 2 women; and we will pray for Sam AND for you two.
Keep us posted.
With love!
Muriel <3
I can't even imagine how utterly exhausted you must be. I really wish we were there to help bear the burden. We will continue praying for God to completely heal Sam's entire body. And we will pray for your rest and Supernatural strength, and for you all three to be healthy.
We keep your blog up on our browser, and probably check it 15 times a day for updates. We're with you.
Love you.
Shannon
Bill and Teesa,
We are still praying and asking God to heal Sam. Also asking for your strength, health and wisdom.
Love,
Alice Edwards
Post a Comment