We made it through the night with no events. Bill and I took turns sleeping and the nurses came in every hour to check his temp. He has maintained a normal temp all night long. Can you believe it? I can. We had such faithful prayer warriors praying for him, his fever, his heart and for us. We greatly appreciate your prayers.
Today they will do a CT scan and the blood work is still out. I will let you know as I do. Keep praying for no more fever, to discover the illness and for his heart.
Since I finally have a minute to sit down, I will tell you something else that is going on in our lives. We were going to close on a house here on Friday (two days from now), but got word on Saturday (on the way to the doctor) that the loan won't come through because the sellers aren't cooperating. We will most likely lose our retainer as well, due to a poorly written contract.
We've learned a lot through this process. I have been laying in Sam's bed praying about the housing situation since 3:30am. I don't know what is going on, but I believe God is telling me that we should not pursue this house anymore. Bill had already come to this conclusion a few days ago, but I am just now getting on board. It will be difficult to lose the retainer, but I believe we are supposed to put a bid on another house. We had been praying about this other house from the beginning and chose the second one because we believed that is what we were supposed to do. I almost woke Bill up during the night to talk to him about all of this, but I decided it would be best to let him sleep. I'm curious to know what he thinks.
Please pray about the housing situation too, as you remember it. It's obviously not the most important thing going on in our lives right now, but it's still important nonetheless.
I can see the sun rising behind the mountains outside our window now. The hospital is bustling with more noise as nurses change shifts. Sam and Bill are breathing deeply in their respective beds. Sam's heart rate is 85 beats per minute. I know he doesn't have a fever because of his heart rate.
Thanks for praying. And thanks for posting - we read your posts all day long, when we're not in the middle of a harried crisis. We are reading them over and over again. We love the encouragement and to see God unify His family around the world. How awesome is that?
6 comments:
We are so happy to hear that the fever did not return last night, hopefully things will get a lot better from here onwards and you guys can get some much needed rest as well. We'll definitely continue with the prayer and thank you for keeping all of us updated.
Kyl & Oliver
Praise the Lord!
We will continue to pray for Sam, and you two, re your health; and wisdom for the doctors.
And, we will pray that you will see what God wants you to do re housing.
Muriel <3
it's 6:20am here, and Shannon is sleeping in a bit with the girls. i want to wake them all up to give them the great news! but i won't, b/c i'm not as dumb as i look. like your boys, my girls need their sleep.
Maggie is learning through all of this to be "in" prayer constantly for her friends. Thank you for sharing this journey with us; the Lord is using this experience in many ways to grow and teach His children in places around the world.
btw, we have been praying for your housing as well. Since it's no harder for an omnipotent God to replace your lost money and get you another house than it is for him to keep Sam cool and in rhythm, we include that in our requests we are making known to Him.
We continue to ask, seek, and knock for you. We love you.
When Maggie woke up this morning, I told her that God heard and answered her prayers for Sam. She said, "Uh-Huh!" Then she asked to eat. :)
We are continuing in prayer without ceasing, and praising God this morning for His love and mercy and goodness.
"It is the goodness of God that draws men to repentance," and Sam is a testimony to God's goodness!
Love you, family!
Shannon
I am so happy that you all had a good night! I will continue to pray that Sam gets better and the fevers stay away. I will also pray for your housing situation. We hope to hear more good news throughout the day!
sorry ya'll are having to go through this. All I know for sure is that God loves each of you. If He has a preference, I believe that it is children. "Little ones to Him belong; they are weak but He is strong."
Prayers going up from Brandon, Fl.
Gail and Keren
Post a Comment