We should be leaving this evening to go home. Sam has ripped off his leads and was impossible to contain in his hospital bed. He is now sitting next to me on the couch. I tried to let him walk a little, but his legs are too wobbly and he can't stand up. I imagine that almost six days of laying in bed will do that to little legs.
His cardiologist here in Charlotte came in a spoke to us and we have a new game plan for treatment. Also, his pediatrician here called and spoke to me about what we can expect for the weekend (pending any unusual fever related to an ear infection or something else). We will continue to monitor his temps over the next few weeks and if he has low-grade fevers continually, we will come back and see the ID doctor here in Charlotte.
The cardiologist can't understand why Sam had such a high fever and plenty of them over the last few days but didn't go into VTAC. We absolutely attribute this miracle to the Lord answering your prayers. How do you feel to be a part of this? You helped spare Sam's little heart a trauma that would have been very painful. Thank you.
Blessings.
4 comments:
Good news. Glad the fever has been gone for two nights now. Any results on the CAT scan? Still praying for you all!
Frank and Nan
Oh, I guess I forgot to say the CT scan came back perfect. He did have a fever last night, but it was related to the medicine (dye) he had to take due to the CT scan. He got up to 102.5 yesterday, but they are still considering him fever-free for 48 hours now. Thanks for praying!
That is what I meant about the fevers. Sorry.
Praise the Lord!!!!
I am so glad you are home today and that Sam is himself (almost)
again. Yes, he is a miracle of God and I will continue to pray.
Love to you all,
Alice Edwards
Post a Comment