Tuesday, April 15, 2008

From Sam Himself

This is from Sam:

h ,mj nx / fffffffffffffffvh vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv v b


We're at another good point of the day. The fever that came this afternoon was the highest Sam has ever had. We're lucky he didn't have a seizure.

He was so dehydrated that it took three times of sticking him before they actually got it into a vein. It was devastating for everyone. I cried almost as much as Sam did. But the hospital staff is great and the nurse from the cardiology clinic was absolutely awesome. When I ran down the hallway to alert her to his high fever, she immediately put her arm around me while walking me back to the room and asked me if I was ok. Once I responded, she started barking out orders to get the fever under control. It took one hour of wet, cold rags on his head and on his body before his temp came down to 103.5.

My cousin Valerie was here for it, so I immediately asked her to post something. Thanks for your quick-acting prayers.

We are now looking for Typhoid, Malaria and anything else the ID doctor could think of. They're doing a CT scan tomorrow to see if it actually IS the defibrillator that is causing the problem. We have to wait until tomorrow because he'll need some sort of meds intravenously and his veins are too weak to support them right now.

After he broke his fever, he sat up in bed and asked to eat. He played with toys and is now watching TV in my lap. The ID doctor came in and we introduced her to Sam. She's seen him three or four times, but he has always been laying flat very sick. He's still sick, but is on one of the mountains right now.

Keep praying. We expect another high fever tonight. Hopefully it won't continue to trend of getting higher and higher as it has been doing. That's one of the reasons the doc is looking at Malaria. We're just grasping at straws, but who knows.

Thanks be to God for answering our prayers again. We are exhausted and are taking shifts tonight. I hope I can get two hours of consecutive sleep, since I have only actually had two hours in the last three days, I'm looking forward to it. I just hope we don't have another fever.

Blessings!

2 comments:

jeffrey said...

yay! we are rejoicing with you and believing that God will continue to be as good as His Name, Jehovah Jireh, God provides; we know that He will continue to provide for all that Sam (and you two) need(s).
Maggs and i just prayed for Sam again, and we'll continue to interced for all three of you - and for the rest of your family, doctors, and support network.

Renee' said...

Praying as you go into this evening and over night. Also praying for supernatural wisdom on the part of the Drs. to discover the cause of Sam's fevers!!