Last night was by far one of the roughest nights we've ever had. I know it was hard for many of you too, as you have been on your knees for Sam.
But, our God is good. He is merciful. He is loving. And, we felt His love for us last night.
Sam's fever broke some time around 4am. His defib never fired. His heart never went into sustained VTAC. At about 4:30am, he sat up did a sign for cheerios and asked for some whole milk. He also asked to watch TV. Him sitting up was a big deal, because he hasn't had the strength to sit up on his own since Saturday. He watched TV until about 6am, when he laid back down and nursed for a while, then fell asleep. He slept until about 8am when his new cardiologist came in.
Here's the scoop on Sam's general health - his right side is still sounding "diminished." The doctors are looking at bronchitis or pneumonia. His nose is very congested. His temp has been running between 98F and 99.6 (right now) since about 4am.
We feel relieved and are wondering if that was the climax at the end. We have asked the nurse about finding a quiet room somewhere where we can take turns sleeping. It's been difficult not to sleep since Friday night for me.
Thanks for your prayers. Keep on praying!
Teesa and Bill
5 comments:
I could do a little happy jig right now, I'm so excited!!!! I mean, I was feeling a HEAVY burden for ya'll last night. I was up sewing at 1:00 am when Hugh rolled in from work. I then updated him about Sam. The first thing Hugh said was, "I was JUST praying for him" (on his way home from work). Hugh's eyes welled up with tears when I told him about the high fever that wouldn't break. We were both sitting there welling up and with much heartache. We praise the Lord above for His unbelievable mercy upon Sam and you two AMAZING, AMAZING parents. Thank you for keeping us posted. I love seeing the Lord SHOW UP like He did last night!!!
i'm so grateful! Thank You, Lord, for Sam's improving health! Sir, i ask that you also fill Billy and Teesa with peace and rest, and give them opportunity to renew their strength physically as You renew it spiritually.
Hi Teesa--I'm a Prayer of Hannah reader which is how I linked to your family blog. I just wanted to let you know that we have been praying for Sam so often, ever since we learned of his situation on POH, and we are praising God with you for the way that He is answering all of the prayers being said on behalf of your family. We serve a great and mighty God and we are once again amazed at the way He faithfully supplies all our needs, hears all our prayers...
We will continue to lift your family up to our Heavenly Father! May you feel the peace of the Lord as you continue to care for your sweet Sam! Many blessings, Tamara
Thank you Lord for your faithfulness! You never change and your mercy is constantly being poured out on us. Thank you for pouring out your mercy on the Klears and on Sam. He is so young and so precious. Lord, your people are grateful for the healing you have done but we will not stop praying for Sam. We continue to lift him up and pray that he will be entirely healed of his heart condition and his fever will flea from him forever. We lift your name up Lord Jesus and we thank you for love, grace, mercy and healing. In Jesus name,
Amen.
Frank Sellers
Bill and Teesa,
Just wanted you to know we have been in pr and are so glad for this wonderful answer. My heart has just gone out to you all and you have been often in my thoughts. Thank you for your directness and honesty in your posts; it helps us pray better. We will continue and look forward to hearing about all three of you returning home again!
HE is faithful! May he hold up your weary arms today!
Blessings,
Rachel, for the Winds
Post a Comment