Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Contrast

In preparation for his CT scan Sam had to drink about 6oz of a clear liquid refered to simply as 'contrast.' What that might actually consist of, I do not know. What I do know is that he did not like it. He has really not wanted to put anything in his mouth for a day now. He was, however, a real trooper and let Teesa give him little squirts from a syringe until it was all down. We all went to the imaging wing and once again he did very well in a hard situation. He didn't fuss too much as he layed in the scanner, Teesa held his hands and he shuttled in and out.

After the scan his face was pretty flushed and Teesa noticed that he was quite warm. We were concerned and wanted to get back to his room quickly. When we arrived the nurse took his temperature and it was up to 102.5 and we all sprang into action getting the cooling blanket, cool rags and Motrin. Only a few minutes passed and the head nurse was in to tell us that this was a normal reaction to the 'contrast.' His fever is coming down, but the cooling blanket is still on. On the other hand he is quite congested. Thank you all, for your continued prayers.

3 comments:

msmythe said...

Bill and Teesa---

We are glad to hear that Sam is doing fairly well - sorry he is congested. Hope they see what is/was causing the fever.

This evening after I taught the Stephen Ministry class on Boundries and on Crises we prayed for several people including Sam. Some of them knew about him from the ABF e-mail prayer alert.

Won't call you because I check the blog several times a day. But, feel free to call me if you want. Do call me at any hour if you have an emergency situation.

Muriel <3

Teesa said...

Bill wrote that last post. I just wanted to add that he is going to go to work tomorrow. His mother will be here with me and Sam. Pray for us! Thanks for all your support - and Muriel, I think I've proven that I WILL call at any hour! That's for sure!

Blessings,

Teesa

The Brown's said...

We are praying for all of you...it's so wonderful that you have so many prayer warriors!!!!